2.13.2015

Travel Tips

Hello everyone!

Today we're talking about traveling and tips to successful flying :)

I'm actually traveling this week so I thought it would be a good idea to share with you how I usually pack and organise for traveling to avoid any inconvenience. For some people traveling is exciting, thrilling and just pure heaven. Whereas for others it can be the worst experience in the world, from uncomfortable seats to heights or sea or car sickness. Personally, I love travelling, especially by plane. I adore airports! They are so exciting full of different cultures all in one building and planes are just as awesome. You can be at your destination the same day you left, most of the time, and they are usually very comfortable for good naps :P

The first tip I have is research your destination. I'm flying home so I didn't need that much research but when I have been to other countries I researched as much as I could in order to be prepared for any inconvenience that there might happen like getting lost or not knowing how the transport system works or what currency they have. Another tip would be to find a good airline company and booking with several months in advance in order to avoid higher priced tickets. Companies like EasyJet and Ryanair are good for low price tickets, but for a lower price ticket you get uncomfortable seats and extra charges for luggage, food and reserving seats, if not for more. Overall, the price of these cheaper companies either equals or might even go over the price of a better quality airline like British Airways or TAP or Air France, among many others. I strongly suggest you save a bit more and invest in a good, trustworthy company to fly you to your destination and back.

The next step will be to pack. There are several ways you can do this. Some people like to use something that is usually called packing cubes. 




These cubes are used to pack clothing and accessories in way that clothes don't get wrinkled and accessories don't get tangled. I prefer not to use this just because I don't think I need them. First thing I do is make a list of the outfits I am planning to wear, this way avoiding over packing. I also make a list of the accessories, shoes, toiletries and every piece of makeup. I tend to do these lists a few weeks in advance over a few days so I don't forget anything, I also put the clothes I want to take a side just so I don't use them before I go and ensure that there's no risk of it not being washed and ready. I start packing the afternoon before the day of the flight. I usually roll the clothes so they take up as less space as possible, which ends up being half the luggage space. Then I move on to shoes, hair tools, accessories, underwear and any gifts I have to take. The last thing I pack are my toiletries as I need them the morning of the flight although I save a specific space for it after packing everything.


After the luggage comes the carry on. I recommend taking only the essentials. Any liquids should go in the suitcase. I usually take some breath mints, my wallet, my passport and tickets wallet, phone and charger, iPad, iPod, lipstick and lip balm, travalo, makeup bag (which just has some powder, a mini kabuki brush and a brown pencil eyeliner) and keys. I do not think you should take any unnecessary things as you will be carrying it with you for several hours and you won't need any extra weight. I did end up taking my laptop for a friend of mine to work on it, hence the bigger bag.



After packing it's time to check in. I like to do my check in online the night before and print it off as I get to pick my seat and later at the airline desk at the airport it will be quicker as all that is needed to do is check my bag and the airline person to check my documentation. 

All that is left after this is to wake up on time to ensure that you are at the airport at least two hours before the flight and also to make sure you can get ready calmly and without any stresses. Once at the airport you should check your bag and go straight for the security gates. After that you can just relax while you wait for your gate to open and wait to be asked to go on board of the plane.

BTW, a final tip: remember to go to the toilet before your flight so you can avoid getting up and moving around the plane.

Hope you have a safe travel anywhere you go!!

Beatriz xoxo  

Where you can get packing cubes, which usually retail for £22,50:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KAUJUF6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000W8GMBQ&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1M3D4145MHKBEH66Z4Y3

No comments:

Post a Comment